I once read a story where a mother had to write a letter to her son. She was to write what her son meant to her. She thought to herself, ”How can words do justice to what I feel for him? It’s indescribable!” So she simply wrote the words, “You know.”
- You know……that our family revolves around you. That you are the center and the pulse of everything good and kind
- You know……that your wisdom and grace is something that we can only hope to aspire to. That whenever I come to a crossroads I say to myself, “What would Mom do?”
- You know……that you are the first person I want to speak to in the morning and the last person I want to talk to at night.
- You know……that I pray my children feel the same way about me as I do about you.
- You know……that you are my biggest cheerleader, supporter and friend. That all I want to do with my life has the thought of you and my family behind it.
So Mom, I could go on and on. But well, you know.